IT Project Portfolio Analyst / PMO Analyst
Carezian is looking for an IT PMO Analyst. The Analyst role is focused on the consistent flow of current, accurate, and useful information amongst the Steering Committee, the Project Management Office (PMO), project managers, and functional managers.
The Steering Committee provides oversight of the existing projects (active, pending, on hold, and completed). The Analyst is tasked with the timely collection and/or validation of status information from project managers to support this essential activity.
The Steering Committee also requires a perpetually current and usable forecast of resource capacity. The Analyst is tasked with collecting and updating projections of project timing and resource allocations for the upcoming in order to provide that capacity forecast. This data comes from both PMO leadership (for pending and on-hold projects) and the project managers (for active projects). Capacity forecasting includes a reconciliation of past resource allocations against realized capacity based on input from project managers and project teams.
The Analyst will also collect and create report on the benefits realized by successfully completed projects in accordance with the company’s benefits realization management processes.
Strategy & Planning
- Reporting on status of current projects.
- Forecasting future resource capacity based on resource projections.
- Attendance at various steering committee and PMO meetings, along with administrative support for recordkeeping and follow-up with both attendees and non-attendees.
- Ensuring the timely entry and updating of data by the various process owners and reporting on deficiencies in that currency to PMO leadership.
- Validation of portfolio-level reporting before alerting senior leadership of its availability.
- Coordination of various events in terms of facility, invitation, equipment, catering, and other logistics.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, technology, and/or project management, with one to two years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in technology-related and project management disciplines. Project management professional (PMP) certification preferred, but not required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel, is required.
- Working technical knowledge of [your current PPM software]
- Strong understanding of project and portfolio management techniques.
- Familiarity with the functioning of a PMO and Steering Committee.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into project and portfolio management issues as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Opportunity to work with remarkable A teams and do your best work yet
- Health Insurance coverage;
- Company-sponsored training and career development
- Fresh fruit and other snacks on-site;
- Other Fun corporate events :